Traveling in the past is possible and also very simple, thanks to Google Maps. Google’s map platform provides access to its image history from previous years so users can see what its streets, towns and any neighborhood in general looked like in the past. If you’ve always been curious to see images from the past, Google Maps has them available to you.
We’re not surprised that a Google service has this feature, since we already knew you can travel back in time with Google Earth. However, we assure you that with Maps it’s much easiersince it does not require the installation of any program on your computer. Let’s see how to do it step by step and with screenshots so that you do the process at the same time as us.
How to change the date in Google Maps to see images from previous years
To travel in the past with Google Maps, we just have to change the date of the images that we see in Street View mode. According to our tests, it is only possible to use this function in the version of Google Maps for PC, so open yours, let’s go on a trip. Next you will find the steps to follow. If you want to see the captures big, just click on them.
- Open Google Maps in web browser From your computer.
- Click on the Street View Dollin the lower right corner, and move it into the area What do you want to see with his previous appearance? To do this, it must be a street that is highlighted on the map with a blue line.
- Once you drop the doll, Street View will open to show you the current street-level panoramic image saved by Google.
- Click the clock icon located in the dark rectangle in the upper left corner.
- The timeline that appears shows you the dates available in that area. You can move the controller easily from right to left, and vice versa, for see how the preview changes up the line.
- If you want to see the image of a specific year in large, you just have to click that year and next, in the preview image.
It’s that easy to travel to the past with Google Maps. As you can see for yourself, recording of images varies depending on the area you want to see in previous dates. For example, large cities have a larger catalog of images, since the Street View car has been there more.
Undoubtedly, this function of Google Maps is very useful for look back and remember what the area you live in was like 10 or 15 years ago. It is also interesting for see how fast cities are changing, usually for the better. If you want to get the most out of the mapping platform, we invite you to discover the best tricks for Google Maps, some of them will surely surprise you.
Related Topics: Google Maps
Sign up for Disney+ for 8.99 euros and without permanence
45secondes is a new media, do not hesitate to share our article on social networks to give us a solid boost. 🙂